Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thank You Lord

It all started when my beautiful wife started showing me pictures of children she had met while in the orphanage in Eastern Europe. I really started looking at these children in a different light and I could see that there was love in each and everyone of the pictures I looked at. I, so, fell in love with them all. I knew that it was time for me to pray, and ask God what I/we should do, and if everything would work out for us if we were to bring some of these children home to love and take care of.

The answer I received entered my heart as soon as my last words to Him came out of my mouth. They were "Everything is going to work out" I had such a warm feeling and my whole body tingled with a new kind of love I have never felt before. I, at that moment, knew what was ahead of us. A new love for some of Gods innocent children.

So today is the start of some of Gods work. I am now the proud Papa of Axel!!! I only wish I could have been with Leah so we could share our tears of joy together. Don't get me wrong,we still cried together, only it was over the phone, it is not the same. I really wanted to hold Leah and Axel and just praise Jesus  for giving us the gift of one of his children.

I am now asking God to not stop here. There is a special little girl in Eastern Europe who has entered my heart and mind and I know in my heart that she will be Daddys little girl real soon.
But for today I AM A NEW DADDY TO A HANDSOME YOUNG BOY NAMED AXEL!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Daddy!!! I am sorry that you were not able to be there, I understand your feelings. Can't wait for Leah and Axel to get home so that the 4 of you can be together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I have cried all over again!!! I love you honey! Very soon we will be HOME! Do you hear that? H.O.M.E!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Dean, you might not feel that you can wright as good as Leah, BUT you have a WAY to convey your feelings in just a few words that get your point across, and touches our hearts. I wonder if you would have started this blog if you were with Leah. Maybe God needed you at home,to start this blog, and maybe somewhere there will be an orphan daddy- to be, who will be changed into action by your words. May you all be blessed beyond any of your expectations with Axel and Ianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for your family, can't wait until it's our turn.

    Love wins,
    Renee Tam
    5cajuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So precious. Thank you so much for opening your heart to the precious blessing that God had for your family.
    Joy McClain, RR

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a heartfelt post Dean. Continue to keep your heart open to Jesus and who knows what will happen. I'm thrilled for you and Leah, and Angela and Axel. A happy, loving home you all will make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And boy is he handsome. He looked so darn sharp on his adoption day!!

    I love your heart Dean. God bless you!

    Gretchen (from St. Paul)
    ready4ross.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete